One of our favorite aspects of Lake Lanier is sharing the joy and appreciation we have
for the activities and fun to be had as a lake resident. Whether you’re looking to relocate permanently or want a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, there’s
something for everyone at the lake. Let’s focus on a few of our favorites! From fishing, golfing, and dining to countless water sports, it’s hard to run out of fun things to do at Lake Lanier.
- Get out on the lake in a canoe or kayak for a sunrise paddle and experience the peaceful serenity
of calm, quiet water.
- Take the kids on an outdoor adventure to one of the 12 campgrounds scattered around the lake.
- Experience world-class golf at some of the area’s finest courses: Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course, Chattahoochee Golf Club, and Chestatee Golf Club.
- Take a boat ride to one of the many exciting dining destinations: Fish Tales Lakeside Grille at Hideaway Bay Marina, Pelican Pete’s at Port Royale Marina, LandShark Bar & Grille at Lanier Islands, Skogie’s Lakefront at Gainesville Marina, PigTales at Aqualand, Margaritaville at Lanier Islands Land Shark Landing, or the Twisted Oar at Holiday Marina.
- Take your boat out to enjoy a sunset cruise
- Make your way to Lake Lanier Islands/Landshark Landing for a variety of festive events throughout the year that includes their famous Full Moon Party, dancing on the beach, outdoor firepits, yummy food and
and drinks and a fantastic fireworks display!
- The Olympic Rowing Venue hosts concerts, wakeboard competitions, and Food Truck Fridays
- Enjoy a day at Lanier Islands for an exciting water park experience right on the shores of the
- Volunteer at events like the Poker Run in July that benefits children in need, or the Lake Lanier Association’s Shore Sweep, which helps keep the lake pristine for all to enjoy.